- Why Us?
- Our Principles
- Contact Us
Fair Weather Strategies does not make any representation or warranties as to the accuracy, timeliness, suitability, completeness or relevance of any information prepared by any unaffiliated third party whether linked to Fair Weather Strategies’ web site or incorporated herein. All such information is provided solely for convenience purposes only and all users thereof should be guided accordingly. The contents of this web site are strictly for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer or solicitation to purchase or sell any of the securities mentioned in this web site.The views expressed in these articles are not necessarily relective of those of Fair Weather Strategies.
Week ending November 15th 2013
1. What has been driving the stock market's returns? - link
2. Why the Chinese property market is broken - link
3. Could Bitcoin become a global reserve currency? - link
Bonus: Cosplayers at home - link
Special Edition: 2013 Year end tax planning
Note: Fair Weather Strategies, LLC is not in the business of providing tax advice. There is not substitute for working with your CPA.
1. Grant Thornton Year End Tax Tips - link
2. Download Grant Thornton Indepth Tax Guide - link
3. 2013 Tax deferred account contribution limits - link
4. Compare Small Business Retirement Plans - link
Week ending October 11th 2013
1. What can we expect from the Fed Chairwoman elect? - link
2. 222 years of interest rate history in one chart - link
3. 6 steps to think and grow rich - link
Bonus: What happens when a camera gets strapped to an eagle? - link
Week ending September 6th 2013
1. Fed cannot ignore Emerging Markets rout - link
2. How do REITs fare in a rising rate environment? - link
3. Estate planning for aging parents - link
Bonus: Office Velociraptor prank - link
Week ending August 2nd 2013
1. Ten solid reasons you shouldn't retire - link
2. Investing based in part on moving averages - link
3. Is the great rotation just bad investing behaviour? - link
Bonus: What english sounds like to non-english speakers - link
Week ending July 5th 2013
1. The power of the index fund - link
2. The longer term cost of sitting on cash - link
3. Credit crunch threatens Chinese economy - link
Bonus: 22 maps that define America - link
Week ending June 7th 2013
1. Wall St. analysts don't care about you - link
2. Colleges are in denial about the threat of online education - link
3. ETFs are taking over - link
Bonus: One question that can boost your happiness - link
Week ending May 7th 2013
1. Investing is hardest when it looks easy - link
2. Tips for choosing an investment advisor - link
3. The history of Tulipmania - link
Bonus: SNL destroys Google Glass - link
Week ending April 14th 2013
1. Benefits of a Roth IRA explained - link
2. Japanese inflation targets finally have credibility with the public - link
3. How Italy could blow up the Euro - link
Bonus: What older people feel young people need to know - link
Week ending March 17th 2013
1. 3D Printing will be a hugely disruptive technology - link
2. Are Wall St. banks more dangerous than ever? - link
3. FINRA issues a warning about long duration bonds - link
Bonus: What the heck is going on with these panhandlers? - link
Week ending Feb 17th 2013
1. Six false beliefs keeping you from getting rich - link
2. China beginning to run out of workers - link
3. Spanish and Italian political turmoil threatens a return to the Euro crisis - link
Bonus: Skier does trick backflip while being chased by avalanche - link
Week ending Feb 3rd 2013
1. Federal Reserve assets explode in size
2. GMO warns about glaring cracks in China's credit system
3. UBS reclassifies bond investors as "Aggressive"
Bonus: Surfer takes on insane 100 foot wave
Week ending Jan 13th 2013
1. Warren Buffett says the big banks are safe now!
2. Mass unemployment could unhinge the EU.
3. A reminder that dividends play a critical role in investment returns.
Bonus: Train your brain to be happy!
Week ending Dec 28th 2012
1. Japan's central bank to take Ponzi finance to a new level?
2. Real Estate ready to attract a lot of new investors?
3. Bank of International Settlements warns about a new credit bubble
Bonus material: Do NOT let your kid try this at home!
Week ending Dec 14th 2012
1. Natural gas to oil price differential presents a lot of opportunities, according to one observer
2. Italy facing further economic turmoil
3. Is Brazil the most independent economy on the planet?
Bonus material: Catfish hunting pigeons
Week ending Dec 7th 2012
1. Student loan delinquencies rising rapidly
2. A lot of Chinese companies listed here would seem to be a scam
3. Back of a napkin finance
Bonus material: Amazon.com’s ginormous warehouses
Week ending Nov 29th 2012
1, A chart-lovers dream- Soc Gen's investment outlook for 2013
2. Sub-Saharan Africa booming
3. Treasury bonds become more risky the lower their yield gets
Bonus material: Wow! Harsh email from a father to his kids goes viral
Week ending Nov 21st 2012
1. Bank of America's top ten investment themes
2. US companies are loading up on debt again, just like prior to the housing crash
3. Is the "BRIC" miracle over?
Bonus material: How to deep-fry a turkey properly
Week ending Nov 9th 2012
1. Incredible estate and gift tax planning opportunities coming to an end 12-31-2012
2. Who will stop the Euro Sado-monetarists?
3. US Oil production hits a 20 year high
Bonus material: Happiness is all relative – how to maximize it
Week ending Nov 2nd 2012
1. Is the French economy living on borrowed time?
2. Warren Buffet is bullish on housing
3. The millennial kids may save the economy!
Bonus material: Someone tried to drive over the US-Mexico border!
Week ending Oct 19th 2012
1. Detailed Tax Planning Strategy for year end from Grant Thornton
2. Fiscal deficits are pushing corporate profits to record highs
3. The Euro crisis could break Spain apart
Bonus material: Inflection points are rare moments that can totally change your life
Week ending Oct 12th 2012
1. Fidelity’s tax strategies in the face of year-end tax change confusion
2. Commodoties markets are again dominated by speculators
3. This author argues that the Fed forced investors into stocks
Bonus material: National geographic photos - spectacular
Week ending Oct 7th 2012
1. Warren Buffett looks on cash as a call option
2. Hyperinflation in Iran could bring regime change there
3. Mortgage rates are at ALL-TIME lows!
Bonus material: 30 innovations that will change the world.
Week ending Sept 7th 2012
1. Some advice on building portfolios from one of the world's greatest investors.
2. Hyperinflation horror stories.
3. How the Chinese hard landing came about.
Bonus material: Pig rescues drowning goat.
Week ending Sept 7th 2012
1. Saudi Arabia could be a net oil IMporter by 2030!